More heart healthy foods
In my blog post Eat Heart Healthy on 12/30/15 I list some heart healthy foods. This additional list below is from Secrets to a Healthy Heart from Time Inc. Diet and heart disease are clearly linked. Eat healthy fats such as those found in nuts and avocados along with colorful fruits and vegetables. Include daily fiber from whole grains and eat lean protein and foods with omega-3 fatty acids regularly. Eat a few of these heart healthy foods everyday.
10 heart healthy foods
- Pork Tenderloin-lean source of B vitamins and zinc
- Olives-healthy fats and antioxidants
- Strawberries-nature’s candy filled with fiber
- Coffee- just black or without added sugar
- Wine-one glass of red
- Eggs-a good source of carotenoids-try them for dinner
- Blueberries-have one of the highest antioxidant capacities
- Sardines-high in omega-3 fatty acids
- Tofu-non-meat protein alternative
- Walnuts-with fiber and nutrients like vitamin E
Research shows that even young adults have at least one coronary heart disease risk factor such as an unhealthy diet, high blood pressure or stress. These factors can predict a long-term risk of heart disease.