I am not a fan of New Years resolutions. Creating a few goals with attainable action steps that will support living a healthier life, can take place any time of year. It is never too late (or too early) to establish some new healthy living routines.
VeryWell Health has a list of 10 things to STOP doing if you want to live longer and healthier. My list, which mirrors their list, are well healthy ways you could START to focus on:
- Stop eating mainly processed food-my Well Healthy Way-Eat Primarily Whole Foods
- Stop smoking-my Well Healthy Way-Find Any Healthy Replacement Habit for Smoking-nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs!
- Stop sitting still-my Well Healthy Way-Move More Everyday
- Stop holding a grudge-my Well Healthy Way-Focus on Gratitude
- Stop keeping to yourself-my Well Healthy Way-Positively Connect with Others Everyday
- Stop thinking only big changes count-my Well Healthy Way-Make Small Healthy Changes
- Stop letting fear (or denial) keep you from being healthy-my Well Healthy Way-Educate Yourself About Health and Wellness
- Stop cheating your nights sleep-Develop Healthy Sleep Routines
- Stop stressing-Engage in Some Form of Meditation
- Stop relying on (or blaming) your genes-Focus on Adding Healthy Routines
Research shows that your lifestyle is the largest determiner of your health. Yes, you have the power to make changes that will lead to a healthier, longer life.