I have worked in a variety of different settings throughout my career and a common theme from Halloween through the New Year, is the ready availability of unhealthy snacks/treats present in the office setting lunch rooms, reception counters and conference rooms. Choose not to indulge in any unhealthy holiday office treats.
Pull together some helpful strategies for success:
- Eat a healthy breakfast before you head to work
- Include lean protein in a chopped salad you pack to take to work
- Grab a healthy snack such as fruit or some nuts to have at your desk
- Avoid areas at work where those holiday goodies are present
- Choose to bring in a healthy holiday treat to share at work
This big bowl of shredded Brussels sprouts could be combined with other lettuces all week for a filling lunch!