During the busy holiday season there are family celebrations, work parties and gatherings with friends that all tend to focus on eating. There have been some years when January rolls around and I feel as if I need some time to recover from the food frenzy from the end of the previous year. Eat something healthy and filling before attending holiday parties/celebrations.
Pull together some helpful strategies for the day of the party:
- Eat normally during that day
- Have a healthy snack before you head out
- Limit your alcohol, but keep a drink (switch to water) in your hand
- Make healthy food choices
- Focus on fun conversations instead of food
A delicious broth based soup like this turkey vegetable would be a great snack before leaving for a party or special dinner.