Fill up your plate with healthy greens and other produce.
I eat a leafy green salad with dinner every night. I fill my plate up with greens and other produce and add my protein and sometimes a whole food starch on the smallest portion left on the plate. Fill up your plate with healthy greens and other produce.
In the Time.com article, 5 Healthy Eating Habits to Adopt This Year Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, Health’s contributing nutrition editor recommends the following top eating habits:
- Make water your beverage of choice-hydrates without added sugar
- Eat more produce at every meal-lowers your risk for chronic diseases
- Choose whole food starches-lowers your risk for chronic diseases
- Budget your sugar intake-reduces risk of obesity and diabetes
- Become more mindful-raises your eating awareness
If you’re going to set just one goal, she thinks eating more produce should be it! She also suggests, which I very much support, focusing on one change at a time until that new routine has been established.