I decided to do one last post this week based on Shonda Rhimes Year of Yes. One of the questions she asks herself is “I am great at taking care of other people. So why am I so bad at taking care of myself?” A crucial piece to living a healthy lifestyle is taking care of you first. As Shonda moves through her year of yes, rolling and gaining speed, she shares with her readers more pearls of wisdom learned from her transformation:
- Everyone has some greatness in them.
- People like being around whole, healthy, happy people.
- Saying yes can last forever.
- Happiness comes from living as you need to and want to
- Sometimes we need to “say yes to saying no”.
Each of us needs to look within ourselves and intentionally put ourselves first. Surround yourself with people who inspire you to put yourself first.