Eat Fat-Burning Foods
Food gives our bodies the energy we need for all of our daily activities. Energy is used for everything you do from sleeping to running up a flight of stairs. The number of calories you burn depends on your metabolic rate. A rise in metabolic rate is referred to as the thermogenic effect or response. Stoke your metabolism with fat-burning foods.
According to Health.com certain foods have a high thermogenic effect, which stokes your metabolic fire. Feed your body these foods:
- Whole grains/foods high in fiber burn twice the calories as processed foods
- Lean meats have a high thermogenic effect
- Low-fat dairy products preserve and build muscle mass
- Green tea helps people lose weight by speeding their metabolism
- Lentils have iron so the body is able to work efficiently
- Hot peppers have capsaicin which heats up your body and melts extra calories
I drink green tea and eat low-fat dairy products everyday. I eat most of the other foods on the above list, multiple times a week. Eat to increase your metabolism!