When I was in Sydney Australia, I took the Bondi coastal walk many mornings before it got hot. This cliff top walk, extends for miles and features panoramic views of beaches, parks, bays and rock pools.
Walking is the number one activity most Australian adults do on a regular basis. It is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. It can be done just about anywhere and is free. Walking also has a very low risk of injury as it is low impact (not jarring on the joints) and doesn’t require any special equipment or training. (taken from the Heart Foundation Australia).
The benefits of walking
Walking is a great way to look after your heart health. Regular physical activity helps:
- reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke
- helps to manage weight, blood pressure and cholesterol
- helps to prevent and control diabetes
- reduces your risk of developing some cancers
- helps to maintain your bone density
- can improve balance and coordination