Connect with family
Connecting with family is not the same as it used to be since we often live geographically very far apart. So how can we keep family connections that are so very important for our spiritual well-being? Some strategies to keep in touch include:
- Talking-on the telephone, Skype or Face Time
- Visiting-for that body-to-body contact
- Emailing-including individual and group emails
- Texting-this is not a conversation
- Social media such as Facebook to share photos/videos and blogging
Sometimes I will text my sons or other family members to ask them if they can give me a call. I sent this text to my niece to share a new recipe I had just tried.
Although methods of contact such as emailing and texting do not take the place of having a face-to face conversation, it still serves the purpose of sending a message. Stay in touch with family from afar.